Sunday, February 1, 2009

Me and my students...


I started teaching in the year 2005 about five years ago. The school that I was placed till now is SK. Malaing, a school in the interior and about 2 hours and a half away from Keningau town. When I was first heard the name, I was startled because I never heard the name before. Where on earth this place is situated. Then I find information from people around me. Luckily, one of my brother knew this place because he used to work in a timber company at Bonor in the 80s. Kg. Bonor is one of the nearest village to this place.

My brother also knew the headmaster of this school because his wife is a teacher at SMK. Keningau II, a secondary school near my kampung. My brother brought me to his house to get introduced with him. It seems that my brother knew him quite well.

I don't quite sure when did I first came to Malaing. I think it's 26 January 2005. I found that the school was not as the 'heads' describe to me. I thought that it was too 'rural' but in vain I found 2 units of house made from bricks! Haha...that was not a rural at all.


No comments: